Thursday, June 14, 2007

Go Cavs?

Not that I’m really pulling for the Cavaliers in Game 4, but as much as it pains me to say it, I can see an upside to a Game 5. I told myself that once the NBA Finals are over, then, and only then, will I start to approach studying for the bar with a degree of seriousness.

Up to this point, I have been to every class—an improvement over my recent academic attendance record, and I have occasionally taken my books to a coffee house and stared at them whilst watching amazing videos on Youtube. But the serious, down and dirty memorization, well, we’re still around 40 days away. Seems too soon.

But I hear stories of other people studying, making flashcards, ruining what little chance of a summer they have, and this concerns me. I comfort myself with the knowledge that several attorneys I know passed the bar, presumably on their first try, and some of these attorneys, well, let us just say that they are far from what one would consider “academic.”

Well, if the sweep goes down like I imagine it will, I can at least wait until the U.S. Open is over… it’s amazing how any and all sports start to become interesting when the alternative is memorizing the Texas pretermitted child statute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home