Monday, May 21, 2007


But wait... there's more.

I have experienced a few soul-crushing moments in my life. Derek Fisher's .4 shot against the Spurs. The death of my first cat. The results of recent presidential elections. I'll admit that my life could not really be classified as difficult, but like most Americans I have the ability to revel in self-pity and despair regardless of my true circumstances.

The most recent soul-crushing moment occurred today at approximately 3:16pm when I received a large box, weighing approximately 40 lbs., full of study materials for the July Bar Exam. Large, thick books full of things I maybe knew once during my first year of law school, or from classes I avoided taking so that I could, I don't know, keep hidden the deep mystery of what a "secured transaction" was.

Graduation was Saturday. The future looked promising. Until I walked into the enormous concrete warehouse that will be the site of our bar prep lectures. Rows and rows of plastic tables, barren walls, like an East German pep rally circa 1974. There are 64 days until the exam begins. Assignment #1 - Sales and Contracts. Let the fun begin...

1 Comments:

At May 21, 2007 at 5:27:00 PM PDT, Blogger Michael said...

My condolences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home