Sunday, June 17, 2007

One More Week

Sunday evening at the coffee shop and I spy another person actually studying for the bar, their brow furrowed as they thumb through pages, making important notations in the margins. We’re still something like 37 days away, and this guy looks like he’s in the middle of finals during 1L year. Earplugs littered across the table, a large, almost comically huge cup of coffee, and the early stages of a beard.

This guy is irritating as shit. His computer isn’t even open, so he can’t be doing what I imagine he should be doing, which is going to www.eagerdouchebag.com to upload pictures of himself. I have my book out, though, unopened, and I’m happy to report that the book is amassing a decent amount of wear-and-tear just through being carted around from place to place. I think I need one more week of filling in blanks before the real work begins.

In another alarming turn of events, golf has become interesting. I blame the bar for this, as only the most extreme obstacles in life could summon such procrastination tactics. Golf, when you’re as awful as I am, can take several hours, and watching golf can occupy the rest of the day. And, since you’re outside, it can kind of count as exercise. And, since beer is involved, it can kind of be awesome. I might even need to get some lessons. And I should probably watch the extended director's cut of The Legend of Bagger Vance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home