Thursday, January 24, 2008

Early Retirement

Now that I am faced with the prospect of working for the rest of my life, I find it interesting the things I start to think about that I never bothered with before. Many of my thoughts drift to inventing something. Anything. Some invention that will fund my retirement and keep me away from the grind. I imagine my invention to be the one thing that people don't realize they really need. A robot that does ... I don't know. Something precise and useful. Maybe it can peel potatoes and play MP3s

As you can see, I'm not likely to invent anything useful. However, just when I am about to give up, I usually discover some new product that gives me hope. And so it went with the kitty wig.



It would seem that pet owners and new parents are the most susceptible to ridiculous inventions. Maybe a kitty iPod or some sort of semi-automatic weapon for kitties to use on owners that make them wear these ridiculous wigs. Hmm... time to start sketching.

2 Comments:

At January 31, 2008 at 3:00:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that the wig itself it not nearly as disturbing as the description of what comes with it:

"Each Kitty Wig™ comes in an attractive round metal wig case with our fresh new logo on it. Your wig will arrive on a wig form and covered in a hair net to help keep its shape and luster.

The package also includes complete instructions for care, suggestions from professional photographers, and a mouse with rattle to help you direct Kitty's stunned gaze. Every kitty loves the promise of a new toy for model behavior.

Please remember, Kitty Wigs should only be used with human supervision, and introduced slowly. When not in use, the wig should always be stored in its pawproof case. Complete directions and safety warnings are included with every package. Please read them carefully and avoid unnecessary dangers."

#1...the "stunned gaze." If your cat doesn't already have a "stunned glaze" from putting a wig on it's head I'm pretty darn sure a rattle mouse ain't doing the trick.

#2...the "safety warnings" and "unnecessary dangers." Is this referring to the cat or the owner? I don't know how much a wig could really harm a cat, but I could definitely envision someone getting her hands clawed off for attempting to put the wig on the cat.

 
At February 2, 2008 at 8:38:00 PM PST, Blogger slowerpez said...

Hiya. I'm supposed to be studying for the bar right now, and I came across your blog after googling how to slack off and still pass.

It was hard to deduce from your archives, but I'm assuming you passed, and that makes me very happy.

You're hilarious and inspiring. Keep bloggin, brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home