Thursday, November 01, 2007

Off the Charts

There is only one way to describe the "hit counter" for the Texas Board of Law Examiner's website - ridiculous. A friend recently sent me an email alerting me to the activity, and wow, the page is getting like 50 hits a second, if the counter is accurate. I click refresh and watch the tally climb. I wonder how many people visit the site just to watch the numbers move - it's kind of hypnotic... I also wonder if some people have designed a program to check the site every 5 seconds. It's out of hand, but there can't be that many people who have taken the exam - so who is so damn curious?? Firms? Well-wishers? Haters?

Either way, the list will be out when it's out, and then the real fun begins.

3 Comments:

At November 1, 2007 at 1:57:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me as one of those that refreshes just to watch the hit counter climb. Hypnotic really is the best word. And congratulations, by the way.

 
At November 3, 2007 at 2:36:00 AM PDT, Blogger Michael said...

As long as your middle name is Forest, congratulations my good man.

 
At November 5, 2007 at 8:44:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first checked it, it was at 9000 something. Fearing a server crash at some point, I refused to navigate away all day until my mom had a chance to actually see my name on the list later that night. I refreshed finally, and the counter jumped to 30,000+.

Congrats, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home