Friday, September 08, 2006

3L OCI

Attorney From Office in Exotic Location: "So, did you get an offer from the firms you worked for last summer?"

Student with Friends in Exotic Locations: "Oh, yeah, but I really disliked everyone. And they, um, ran over my dog."

Attorney From Office in Exotic Locations: "Oh, I'm sorry to hear about that... Well, I see you worked in Dallas, so what draws you to a Miami firm?"

Student with Friends in Exotic Locations: "Well, I think I might have family in Miami. I saw the movie Scarface - twice - and when Miami beat Dallas in the Finals this year, that pretty much sealed the deal. Oh, and Elian Gonzales, too."

Attorney From Office in Exotic Location: "Well, it says here on your resume that you enjoy Hurricanes, influxes of immigrants from various nations, and Art Deco."

S.W.F.I.E.L.: "My parents raised me to celebrate diversity. I'm also a big believer in ziggurat rooflines and terrazzo floors."

A.F.O.I.E.L.: "Your knowledge of architecture is impressive. What specifically about our Exotic Firm interests you?"

S.W.F.I.E.L.: "I worked in litigation last summer, but what really interests me are hedge funds and corporate work."

A.F.O.I.E.L.: "Well, we don't do corporate work."

S.W.F.I.E.L.: "Did I mention I have family in Miami?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home