Thursday, September 13, 2007


yay t.v.!

Aside from live sports, there is increasingly less and less on t.v. that i have any interest in watching. It would seem that the quest for novel concepts often results in a product that, well, is either so bad it's good, or it is just plain bad. A few things from the new fall lineup caught my eye:
Kid Nation: I don't really care what this show is about, or what happens when little Timmy gets wailed on by some bully, or when Junior finds hair growing in strange places. But wow - talk about a sweet deal for the parents. "You mean, you'll take my kid for 40 days? No parents around? Just tv cameras? There sure are a lot of waivers to sign, but sweet!" What a great idea - let's just let the kids run around, no script, maybe amp them up with sugar and prescription medication, and then wait for some Lord of the Flies style entertainment.

Cavemen: I swear this show was a commercial. Are you kidding me! This is proof that I, too, can be a producer. I can think of like eleven commercials that could transition to t.v. show and be more successful. A few examples: the "where's the beef?" lady could spend at least three seasons looking for the beef - imagine the possibilities! She could even find the beef on the series finale! Or, the little butterfly from the Lunesta commercials, the one that puts everyone to sleep - THAT is a character with rich potential capable of winning multiple emmys--maybe even a film franchise. The neon green butterfly (or "luna moth" for all you who give a shit about being precise) would go around, listening to people's problems, stealing their souls and maybe the butterfly would have a friend. I don't know. The point is, t.v. sucks.

"I am coming to eat your SOUL!"

2 Comments:

At September 20, 2007 at 10:07:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is a goldmine of funny shit...
a funnyshitmine if you will

 
At September 27, 2007 at 8:37:00 PM PDT, Blogger Filmista said...

Your problem is that you don't watch Heroes.

I also recommend Jericho, when it comes back, and I've heard Reaper was supposed to be funny, though I haven't watched my tape yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home