Sunday, July 08, 2007

An Even Minier Review:

So, apparently “conviser” is not a word, but a person. Someone (assholishly) decided to break this news to me earlier today as if he was the 3rd President or had donated me his kidney.

I thought “conviser” made a cool word, and I’d been using it in casual conversation. Example: “Hey man, did you see those conviser highlights on sportscenter of the professional lacrosse all-star game skills competition???!!? They were to the point!”

See, it sounds kind of like “concise” and “reviser”, and after looking at the book I would imagine the word would also have something to do with an emphasis on charts and diagrams. But fuck if he isn’t a real dude living somewhere in Illinois teaching law at some piece of crap school. Richard J. Conviser. There he is. He would have been cooler as a word.

Either way, I’ve decided that I am going to take his mini-review and make it smaller. The mini-mini review will be 8 pages long and contain only the following words:

“reasonable” “negligence” “amendment” “duty” “easement” “deed” “malice” and “breach". It will be amazing.

1 Comments:

At July 8, 2007 at 9:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger Filmista said...

He has a very large head.

I must admit to being confused about what exactly your new-word-that-is-also-his-name means, though.

I also don't understand why it being his name precludes your using it as a word. In fact, I do believe that's how we even got surnames in the first place.

Some names that are also words (From the 1000 most common surnames per the 1990 census):
Smith
Brown
Miller
Martin
Walker
Hall
Young
King
Hill

So, to sum up. If you like the word, by god, use it. And punch whoever was snotty to you about it in the mouth.

S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home