Thursday, July 12, 2007

Barbri 2.0

Soon I will run out of clean underwear. Understandably this is not a very big deal to anyone. If need-be I can do without. What is important is that, staring at the large pile of laundry littered across my room, it has become very clear that BarBri simply doesn’t do enough.

Assuming that at some point I will actually pass this exam and get to practice law, and once I get burned out, I am calling “dibs” (this, I’ve learned, is a valid future interest) on the luxury bar prep company. Anyone out there interested in starting this company with me? All we need is a snappy name. The lectures will have catered breakfasts, ice sculptures, ergonomic chairs, and instead of frustrated wannabe law prof comedians, we’ll have actual comedians or comically pathetic celebrities. M.C. Hammer on secured credit, O.J. on Crim Law. I don’t know how much this will cost, but it doesn’t mater, because law firms will want to pay for it. It will be a competitive marketing advantage for recruiting.

Yes, it is true that I have filled in many a blank this Summer and on some subconscious level this makes me feel confident. Well done BarBri. But, who is going to do my laundry while I make piles of flashcards and talk with the FBI? (Yes, the FBI is coming to my house tomorrow – what timing – to discuss my security clearance needed for my judges’ chambers). BarBri PLUS will offer laundry service, chair massages, origami classes, and dog-walking. Just a thought…

1 Comments:

At July 14, 2007 at 12:03:00 PM PDT, Blogger Kaylars Loblaw said...

I am soon going to have to make a run to Gap Body for new undies. I have relegated myself to wearing the uncomfortable ones at the bottom of the drawer. (TMI?) And then there is the fact I have no clean jeans to wear. Or clean clothes for the most part. Do you think we could hire an unsuspecting future 1L to do our laundry in exchange for imparting law school wisdom and knowledge upon them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home